Thursday, June 21, 2012

Forgiving

This year started and I knew that God was working in me. For about a month or two, every church sermon I attended had to do with forgiveness. One morning I attended service and sat next to someone I had no recollection of sitting next to before. We started talking and she was going through the same problem and recommended a book. I would sign into FaceBook and people were posting about forgiveness. My hubby and I would read a devotional book to our daughter and it dealt with forgiveness. It seemed that for a LONG while every where I looked I would read something about forgiveness. I think God was telling me something. hehehe Days turned into months and I continued to refuse to not let go and allow God to work in me. I continued to allow Satan to throw darts at me and make me feel rage towards these individuals. So its June now and I'm finally deciding that I need to let go and not continue to allow these individuals to have control of my behavior. You see forgiveness......... is a CHOICE. It does not minimize their behavior. They have done wrong. They have hurt me. They were not there when I needed them the most but FORGIVENESS is still a CHOICE. How many times I have let God down? How many times have I hurt Him? Even though my behavior is not perfect, He still loves me and my sins have been forgiven.

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.(NIV) Colossians 3:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUV5T9JIJZ0&feature=player_detailpage

No comments:

Post a Comment