Monday, May 6, 2013

Brokenhearted and Hurting


So many around me are experiencing situations that are just devastating. This is for you!!!!!!

                                                                                                   
Romans 8:26-27                                                                        Romans 8:18-27



When It Hurts So Much...

By Sue Richards    

THERE are times in the lives of all God's children when we are called on to suffer. We read in Romans 5:3-4 that "suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." For me suffering has also produced times of philosophical and emotional weakness. After the death of my first child, as I lay near death myself, I tried to pray, but I was in shock and heavily medicated. No words would come into my mind or to my lips. I wish I had known Romans 8:26-27 then. Yet, although I could not speak, I felt in close communication with the Lord. I just didn't understand how this was possible.

      While believers are sustained in their suffering by hope, we also are sustained in our weakness in the most special way of all:

       The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will (Romans 8:26-27).

       God himself, who dwells within us in the person of the Holy Spirit, intercedes for us in our weakness. Not with flowery or powerful words, but with groans that words cannot express. How empowering in our weakest moments, when we don't know how to express our own overwhelming needs, to cling to the words of God.

      "The Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." And all of this intercession on our behalf is done "in accordance with God's will for us personally. When Christ gave us the Holy Spirit, he left us more then an inner spiritual discernment. Our triune God lives within and intercedes for each of us when we are in our weakest moments.

      Abba, Father, your love and concern for me when I am at my most vulnerable times in life is beyond my understanding. I thank you for the gracious gift of your Holy Spirit. Amen.


My Dear Friends, For those experiencing the valley of the shadow of death. May you be constantly reminded of Who lives in you and is interceding on your behalf. May the Mighty Lord show Himself in a way that you have never experienced before. May He protect you, guide you, and give you the strength that you need to endure your trials and tribulations. Love you all!!!!! My Christian Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!





1The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,a
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.






                 

No comments:

Post a Comment