Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gossip Christians Lets Be Careful

Gossip

So for a while now, I've been thinking about those around me and how I'm influenced by them. There are so many mighty Christian women that I look up to and respect and love dearly. Women that do not have an issue with standing by their convictions no matter what the consequences may be. Then I have "friends" that  feel comfortable with me, know that whatever is being discussed will not be repeated, so they gossip.They feel the need to inform me of what others are doing or not doing. So then what happens? Do you think that I hold them accountable and remind them about what the Word says? No, unfortunately I do not. I either join in on the gossiping of others or I stay quiet and not hold them accountable. This has been such an issue with me that I have started to sift through my friends. I just can not put myself in situations where someone is going to be destroying the body of Christ and I either verbally participate or I stay quiet. By staying quiet I'm still participating because I'm listening to the garbage that is coming out of their months and not saying anything to stop it. You see, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone; I'm as much to blame as any other Christian. The situation is that I've become convicted, and as a believer I have a testimony to protect. When a non-believer looks at me, I want her/him to see my Jesus and if I'm acting like them, that is not what they will see. Also remember, the same way they are talking to you about others, they will be talking to others about you. So lets see what the Word of God says about gossip.


What does the word "gossip" mean? 

"Rumor or talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature. A person who habitually spreads intimate or private rumors or facts." (The Free Dictionary.com) We all (Christians) sin and fall short from the Glory of God. That is why we are so thankful for what He did on the Cross for us but the meaning says.....habitual. When a sin is habitual, it's a heart condition.

"The Hebrew word translated “gossip” in the Old Testament is defined as “one who reveals secrets, one who goes about as a talebearer or scandal-monger.” "A gossiper is a person who has privileged information about people and proceeds to reveal that information to those who have no business knowing it." Bible


What Does the Bible Say About Gossip.
A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much. Proverbs 20:19

A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence. Proverbs 11:13

A talebearer reveals secrets, but he who is of a faithful spirit, conceals a matter.And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not 1 Timothy 5:13

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 1 Peter 4:15

Speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. Titus 3:2-3 

1 Timothy 5:20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. If this does not stop them from gossiping then do not associate with this person any longer. He who goes about as a slanderer reveals secrets, therefore do not associate with a gossip Proverbs 20:19. 

These six things the LORD hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren Proverbs 6:16-19.

Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.  The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. James 3:5-6

A wicked person listens to deceitful lips; a liar pays attention to a destructive tongue. Proverbs 17:4

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. James 3: 9-12


But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned. Matthew 12:36-37

The Hope We Have in Jesus
That you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24

Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. James 5:16

Lets unite and come together as ONE BODY. When the hand is suffering, the entire body comes together to help and assist and not divide and destroy. Please lets be world changers and become the mighty warriors our Lord has called us to me. Lets repent and allow Jesus to bring healing and restoration if we have hurt someone because of our unholy comments. Please believers, be very careful of wanting to know details because you are concerned and want to specifically pray about the situation. We serve a MIGHTY God. The God that created the Heavens and the Earth. I'm sure He knows what that individual is going through. All we need to worry about is to pray for our brothers and sisters. God knows. When we all come together, the world will know HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith… I Peter 5:8-9 "Please be aware of this tactic and just ask the Lord to reveal gossip to you when you hear others speak, even when it comes in the form of concern for others." Heavens Helpers


No comments:

Post a Comment