Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Working Out and Self Esteem



This piece of writing will not be your typical bodybuilding article. The article you are beginning to read could, in fact, be a life-changing experience! Through personal growth, I have come to the understanding of how vital self-esteem is to everything in my life. My reasoning behind this statement is that my life was completely transformed once I started caring about what I ate and how I physically looked.
Eating healthy and working out both build my self-esteem by helping me feel better about myself. I started competing in figure shows, modeling, and writing articles for a particular body building on-line web site.I must admit that the development of my self-esteem did not occur over night. It was a process that took hard work, prayer, and consist positive reinforcement.

How Does Self-Esteem Affect Your Life?

What you become in life will be determined by how you perceive yourself. Take a look at what you are currently doing in your life. Is it fulfilling, are you content? If the answers to these questions are "no," then why are you continuing to go through this process? The sooner one realizes how self-esteem affects everything in ones life, the faster you will recognize that a change might be necessary. Before I began working out, my life was in a rut.I would consistently complain about how I looked and was not content with myself. When I looked in the mirror, I was not satisfied with what the mirror reflected back.
I came to the realization that griping about my appearance was not going to change anything. I had to stand up and make the change happen.That is when I decided to make a life-altering decision and started eating frequent healthy meals and working out consistently.Once this occurred, my life was never the same. This experience gave me the confidence I needed to pursue my hopes and dreams, and also appreciate the turbulence that will only make me a stronger and more confident individual.
Now that I comprehend the importance of self worth and the impact it has in someone's life, I make an effort to encourage other people to conquer their dreams and not allow anything or anyone to come in between them and the goal at hand.If I would have allowed negativity to hinder my possibilities of graduating from a university, I would not of received my degree. Before dreams become reality, you need become aware that you are important and deserve the better things of life!

How Do People You Associate With Affect Your Life?

Your self-esteem, and the respect you have for yourself, will determine what kind of social gatherings you are going to be involved in. The people you decide to go out with will make an impact in your existence. This effect may shape your self worth positively or not.That is why it is imperative that you surround yourself with people that are optimistic. People that will encourage, support, and motivate you to continue on this journey to a new and improved self. Always understand that you are important, valuable, and significant! Always try to find individuals that are going to encourage and support you in attaining your goal. If you find yourself socializing with individuals that only complain about the situation and not do something about it, this will only become an obstacle in your pursuit of your goal.
As the old cliché says, "Misery always wants company."Unfortunately, there will always be someone out there wanting to see you fail. Fail, because they are not able, or are afraid to commit themselves, to transforming themselves. Fail, because they are not sure of themselves, thus uncertain if they are able to attain their goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment